Normally, unresponsive programs need to be closed manually by using Windows Task Manager. This is accessed using the “CTRL + ALT +DELETE” command, then highlighting the relevant application & clicking “End Task”. However, you can configure your computer to close the unresponsive program automatically.
Follow these steps to configure windows registry to autoend unresponsive tasks:
– Close all open programs, then click your “Start” button on bottom left of your screen.
– Choose “Run”, then type “Regedit” to open the Windows XP Registry Editor.
– Go to “Hkey_Current_User\Control Panel\Desktop”.
– In right side panel, double click on “AutoEndTasks”. Its default value is 0. Now change it to 1.
– Close the registry editor & restart your computer.